Lite Audio MV-01 / MV-06 remote controlled volume/input selector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Happy new year, folks!

I am sorry, I don't know about that 5 channel question.

I was stalled for longer than I thought on this project, and haven't built it yet. I am currently building a home theater room, but when that is finished, I'll get back on track with this one.

5th channel

Hello Philibuster, About the 5th channel. The first 4 relays all go to the first three pins of the output connector; signal ground, left and right. The next two pins are the output for the left and right of the the 5th relay. Try that out and it should work. Cheers, Stefan.

Defective IR receiver diode?

Had my MV-06 on shelf for more than a year und hooked it up testwise yesterday. IR transmission doesnt work, relay switching by rotary encoder works. Checked remote handset by looking on the IR diode through digicam, diode gives signals. So I suspect the receiver diode to be defective. Does anyone now what type it is or how to check it?

5.1?

Hi!
on an ebay auction they say that the MV06 can be configured as 6 ways stereo inputs or 3 ways stereo inputs with 1 x 5.1 channel input (subwoofer share the centre channel). What does it mean? I would like to try this remote control unit to change the output signal after a Behringer DCX2496, I need then a six channel potentiometer: is the MV06 good for this application? Of course I understand that I don't have 6 x 5.1 different inputs, in my case I'm going to use the input selector board to change the input of the Behringer and the ALPS board to change it's output volume (with a little bit of rewiring). Is it going to work as I expect?
Thanks,
Paolo

I am having trouble with one of these kits as well. I have the MV-06 kit and if i press buttons 1 to 4 on the remote, the corresponding relays operate as they should. however if i press button 5, both relays 4 and 5 operate. I checked the circuit boards and there are no shorts or foil trace problems. the micro controller is turning on the driver transistors for both relays 4 and 5 at the same time so its a programming issue or maybe it is supposed to operate this way???

anyone else have this issue?

Zc

so i just got this board (02 i think) and I'm slightly confued on with the connections between the input board and control board.
i can see 6 pin connections of BN1 and 7 pin CN2 on the relay board.
also 6 pin CN1, 5 pin BN2 and 5 pin BN7 on the control board
so i was hopeing someone could explain what connects to what as i have no idea haha
also, what is BN9?

i understand the 4 connections near teh power input/ir

cheers
Dion

I have a basic question regarding these. There are two types I see. One is an "all digital" that does not have a volume control knob at all but the volume is controlled up and down "digitally". The other has a motor driven potentiometer.

Are the contacts on the motorized pot version "dry"? In other words, is the pot hooked up to the rest of the circuitry on the supplied pcb or does the pcb circuit simply turn back and forth a pot that has no connections to it so that it may be directed connected to your circuit?

I'm hoping for the latter as I want a remote controlled pot to connect internally to a tube preamp circuit. In other words, connect this motor driven pot to the circuit exactly the same as a manually controlled pot.

Are the contacts on the motorized pot version "dry"? In other words, is the pot hooked up to the rest of the circuitry on the supplied pcb or does the pcb circuit simply turn back and forth a pot that has no connections to it so that it may be directed connected to your circuit?

yes. The kit includes also some relays to switch between different inputs, but they are placed on a different pcb than the pot. So you can use it as a simple "pure" motorized alps pot if you do not connect the relay board.

Ciao

Hi guys
I bought on eBAY a "MV02 - 4 WAY REMOTE CONTROL" and can't make it work correctly. The seller can't help me so I hope somebody here can.

Motor works fine in 2 ways when +/- VOL or MON on remote is pushed down. Relays operate well with 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 buttons.

Problem : whatever 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 button is activated, motor keeps turning endless counterclockwise until I push +/- VOL or MON. This also happens at power ON.

I tried all wiring combinations with CODE SWITCH (I don't knowwhat is the exact fonction of this switch) and even without it : same result.

There is 5.12V DC on AT89C51 20-40 pins, as expected. CODE SWITCH looks like a 3 pins rotary attenuator without stopping position.

I don't know how to solve this problem.
Thank's

functions

Hi,

as far as I know, there are some functions not controlled by any code switch, but by two resistors - R17 & R18. These instructions should be related to the MV-01.

Operation Mode of the Motorize Volume
R18 not install
Every time the Volume will turn to min. and the signal relay is turn on after a short delay of time after you turn on the power of the MV-01.
R18 installed
Cancel the function
R17 not install
Every time you change the Input Channel the volume will turn to min. and the signal relay is turn on after short delay.
R17 installed
Cancel the function

HTH

Ciao

Paolo

it should work fine as long it has the same pinout. from what i ca remember the power for the motor only has two pins. the audio part of the pot has eight pins in one row and there are two rows. so if you pot has only 2 sets three pins in a row for audio. just use the power pins to power the motor and wire the audio direct to the pot. hope that help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.