Mica sheets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been searching and I cannot seem to find a place that sells insulating sheets of mica or other suitable materials for use in mounting transistors or IC's to a heatsink. I have found quite a few places that sell pre-cut insulators. What I am looking for would be a whole sheet or piece that I could cut myself to whatever size I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

I bought the Muscovite Mica mainly because of what I have read in the past about the consistancy and workability. The Muscovite is super easy to work with, just cut it wth scissors or an exacto knife. Most of the time I just use sharp scissors and get a very clean edge.

I guess it is not of very much help, but at least here in Sweden
we can buy sheets of silicon insulators of size 300x300mm and
thickness 0.3mm. Unfortunately, the brand is not specified, but
I guess it should be possible to find these or similar ones in the
US too. Mica sheets are probably cheaper, though.

McMaster-Carr sells them as well. I looked at them and the description stated it was tougher to work with and the pricing is much more expensive. You can buy the mica sheet for less than the cost of three small 4.5" squares of ceramic high alumina substrate pieces

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.