Senior design help - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th October 2007, 11:49 PM   #1
matpac1 is offline matpac1  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to matpac1
Default Senior design help

So I will soon be doing my final project in order to graduate. I have various ideas but I want to throw my main idea out there to you all and get some input and have some answers questioned if at all possible. I subscribed to this page just so that I can receive help from fellow engineers.

** My idea is to have a push button inside of a car that when pressed communicates with a street sign (specifically the yellow upcoming street sign). When the button is pressed it will illuminate this street sign so that it is easily seen in bad weather or for those who have a hard time seeing them unless they are right up on it. I will obviously have to use some form of rf/wireless communication between the car and the sign. The sign can simply be illuminated or it can illuminate led's spelling out the street name. The sign will have to have an external power source probably solar rechargeable batteries.

My question to you all is where this sounds easy in my mind, I would like to know any ideas to make this as simple as possible. The more information or ideas the better. Parts, methods, circuit design, etc. Anything will be of great help at this point.

Hide this!Advertise here!