Dact or Goldpoint stepped attenuator... which would you recommend?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The soldering would be about as simple as it gets.

On the differences between the two, can't be sure as I've never tried either of them. However they both look to be very similar designs, both using SMD resistors now, so I imagine they'd give very similar if not the same.

As a cheaper option, some people here have reported good results with this from ebay.

Always wondered about the difference myself. I like my DACT, but may try using a goldpoint on a future project.

As for soldering, unless it needs to be directly mounted onto a circuit board, why not try using friction-fit clips..?.. Works well. DACT even sold clip/wire packages (priced well out of my budget).

Think a simple molex connector and some decent wire could do the same job as the dact connector.

CT-conn1-packed.gif

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I don't have any experience with the DACT. For alot less money the Goldpoint is the best stepped attenuator I have had my hands on. The channel matching is so tight that the stereo image snaps into place. It's buttery smooth to use.
A real nice, quality part.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.