inductor wire gauge for line level xover?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built an active three way speaker using a Marchand high and low pass crossover at 90hz. The mid to high xover, however, is at speaker level.

Now, I find sacd´s to be fairly variable in overall tone, i.e some are too bright sounding; and after long time-tweeking and testing different inductor values and tweeter levels I found that no single combination will suit all sacd´s. I did however find two that complement different recordings.

Since each driver has its own amplifier and I have an unused welborne labs input selector board I would like to:

Wind suitable inductors for line level use and insert them before the mid-woofer amp for a 1st order low pass. I would then have a choice of different curves to be selected from the welborne labs remote.

So basically I need input on wire gauge for the inductors or any other ideas on the project.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.