wtb: pcb screw-type ground point

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for a star shaped through-hole component for a sizeable power supply using screw terminal caps. The pcb I am using for the the supply is not double sided, so I need some way to connect them to the pcb (preferably w/o wires). These are used as a star ground in yamaha amps; see pic atattched:
198737.jpg

Make one, using brass or copper sheet, with standard PCB etching techiques. You can then make any shape you want, easily, and it will be flat (unlike trying to use snips). Easiest is to completely mask one side of the metal sheet, and draw your pattern on the other side, then etch with your preferred etchant (Ferric Chloride and Ammonium Persulphate will both work with brass or copper).

I've made all sorts of horribly complicated sheet metal shapes this way (shields, springs, even a solder paste stencil!).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.