Where Can I get Wima MKP10 4.7 uf in the US?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks RDL!

I already looked there and to no avail. I need the 4 point 7uf not the .47uf

I called Inter-Technical.com, Wima's direct importer/distributor (1 of 3) in the US and they said these are not being used too much in the US so they may be hard to find. He gave me some contacts to try!

It is not a popular item and many resellers require minimum orders to order it (since they don't keep them in stock). These aren't cheap either! So I would like to find a place that caters to us DIYers

Regards//Keith

Hi Jack and Quirck,

Thank you for coming to the rescue! Ultimately, I got a pair of samples from Inter-Technical.com. They sent me the MKP10 4.7uF 250 volt 5% Caps with 27.5 mm lead spacing for use as output caps in my CD player. Not easy to find! Not easy to mount (replacing a small sized electrolytic with 5 mm spacing)! Jack, you only sell the whole box at a time (84 oieces)? I guess these are not mainstream and you don't want to have them sit there on the shelf forever!

I have burned them in for 350 hours and they are going in this week to be auditioned vs the Obbligato Film/Oil Caps with the same values and burned in the same amount of time. (using Panomaniac's Burn in Circuit see "Tripath Input Coupling Cap" thread by DaveT).

I will post results when I have made the decision which I like best, which may also include the audition of the Auricap of the same value too.

Thanks again!

Regards//Keith

KP11520 said:
Hi Jack and Quirck,

Jack, you only sell the whole box at a time (84 oieces)? I guess these are not mainstream and you don't want to have them sit there on the shelf forever!

The MKP4 4.7/400/10 comes in a box of 23 -- I had the quantity wrong.

I needed them for my Last PAS power supply board --- so got a box from Inter Technical. So I sell what I don't use on my webstore usually 2 at at time. Folks have used them for coupling caps in RIAA and line sections.

If you recall I had some LastPAS boards made up for a group buy about 2 years ago and moved out most of the boards at my cost. The balance I was selling with a small markup. Here's the prototype with a board I burned myself:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Inter Tech has a rep in NJ -- Brothers Electronics -- and they have shipped me other WIMA. They take AX and shipped on my FedEx account.

Hi Jack,

That Prototype sure is purty.

Did you do the board yourself or was it available? Was the prototype a complete success or did you need to make adjustments?

Why the MKP4 vs all the others available? They are supposed to be great output caps in Tube (Valve) Preamps and CD Players.

Brothers Electronics will go into my little black book! Thanks!

I have always wondered what is with the Llanddewi Brefi, NJ. That's a long way to be stretched out!

Regards//Keith

This is the final assembled board -- there was an error in the prototype (isn't there always?) -- but it works well. I used WIMA polypropylenes where I could:

http://www.tech-diy.com/POWER/HV_Assembled.jpg

http://www.tech-diy.com/preamp_regulator2.gif

I am selling off the rest of the boards at $6 each. I have also sold a bunch of stuffed and tested boards.

To find that idyllic village in Wales you need to watch BBC-USA, or youtube "little britain" . The avatar is from the Hal Roach "Little Rascals", however.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.