Open-Source Audio Input Switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I'm not really thinking of using a switching supply anymore, but as I had a need to put one together for another project (which has a bit more importance), I figured that I would using the nAIS as its first load. So, there it is.

It's clearly a hacked together reference implementation (bottom of board here) but it works. It produces what appears to be nice, clean power. I can't see any noise on my scope. Granted, my scope is pretty crappy, but it does seem to show some noise. (I can't afford a new scope yet...)

I'm happy with how it is working thus far. I need to put a bit more load on it, but that'll be done over one of the next random couple of days. For now I can say that it had no problem giving me an even 5.000 VDC while powering the nAIS above and being fed 6.073 VDC. If I cranked the input up to 35.93 VDC (the highest I can get my benchtop power supply) the power supply was pushing out 5.074 VDC. Pretty okay, I think.

After I get some more done on this other project I'm doing I'll figure out what route I'm going to go with the nAIS. A modified layout for the board and the aforementioned changes to muting are obvious. I'll just have to figure out what else I'm going to do power-wise.

-Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.