HP 35660A Signal Analyzer power supply needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently obtained a HP35660A signal analyzer, which is missing the power supply. This power supply produces seven different voltages. I have substituted this power supply with some of our bench power supplies and find that the analyzer is working properly with the external power supplies and proper interconnections.

I don’t need this analyzer but would like to find a power supply for it, working or not. I don’t feel like building a new power supply to replace the missing one.

Does anyone know where I may be able to find a good or bad power supply for this FFT analyzer besides HP?

John Fassotte
Alaskan Audio

dhaen,

I'am willing to sell it for the $375.00 US that I have invested in it plus any shipping and packing charges to get it to your location. The service manual that I paid $104.00 US for is included. I sent you a email in regards to this.

The power supply voltages and current requirements by my rough measurements are:

+5 volts at 6 amps
+8 volts at 400 ma - the manual states +7.9 to +10.5 is ok
+12 volts at 1.4 amps
+15 volts at 50 ma
-15 volts at 50 ma
+18 volts at 500 ma - the manual states +18 to +27 is ok
-18 volts at 500 ma - the manual states -18 to -27 is ok

Where the manual states that higher voltages are ok it is because the 2 analog boards that are powered by these sources also have their own on board voltage regulators. To keep heat down on these on board regulators I would suspect that it will pay to keep the voltages near the low end.

When proper power supply voltages were applied the internal DD floppy drive, signal source and both input channels work.

I will supply the pin outs and interconnection requirements for the 50 and 25 pin connectors that interconnect to the power supply module.

Let me know if you want it for sure. If not I will offer it to some one else at the same price. It may not be able to go by regular mail service if there are certain size restrictions on the box size to your location.

John Fassotte
Alaskan Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.