remote preamp questions - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th September 2007, 07:39 PM   #1
eyedoc is offline eyedoc  United States
diyAudio Member

Default remote preamp questions

Greeting all.

I apologize in advance if this post is in the wrong forum, and if the moderators want it moved, feel free to do so, as I did not know where to put it. I am looking for a kit or even mass produced unit that can give remote volume control and a “sleep timer”. I know this is probably a weird request, but I want to upgrade the sound of the bedroom system, and cannot find that option on anything but the lower “consumer grade” receivers. I like the concept of the Creek - OBH-22 Remote Passive Preamp, but that still leaves me short on the sleep timer that will turn off the system after 30-60 minutes. Does anyone know of such an animal, or am I destined to listen to what I have...

Thanks in advance,

eyedoc.
Old 20th September 2007, 10:34 PM   #2
MadMutt is offline MadMutt  Australia
diyAudio Member

As far as the timer is concerned, is a normal wall plug timer out of the question ?
Old 20th September 2007, 11:01 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

A simple timed relay could easily be configured. When activated (switch/button) a delay-on-make relay could shut down power at a specified interval.
I just purchased such a relay for about $8 and it runs from .1sec to 8sec, but many options are available.

7/10

Hide this!Advertise here!