How to disassamble Neutrik XLR ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are Neutrik XLR connectors with pins soldered into the pcb and connectors are mounted on a plate. It is not possible to remove the PCB without disassembling the connectors.
The plastic parts have to be pulled out of the outer metal parts.
How is that possible ??? Any trick ?

tekmek.jpg

If the connector is from the Neutrik 2 pc D series the following advice might help
(Info from Neutrik's own FAQ list)

The 2 pc D-Series connectors consist of an insert and shell, this allows soldering the insert onto the PCB and locking it into the shell afterwards. In the middle of the insert is a hole with a slot.

Using a ‘00’ size flathead screwdriver (part # SD-1) it is possible to lock/unlock the insert in the housing.

Hehehe Peter beat me to it

Neutrik XLR D Series

hello , my phonostage is humming on my right speaker and i found this little screw fell out of the right XLR female connector (in the phonostage)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

the screw was put back but it just turns and turns without any bite - it appears to somehow anchor the XLR connector to the PCB but was wondering if it has an earth function . Is there a threaded sleeve this little screw should insert into that may be lost ? many thanks for any help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.