Denon AVR 2805 ... works except for audio outputs - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th September 2007, 02:31 AM   #1
y8s is offline y8s  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to y8s Send a message via MSN to y8s Send a message via Yahoo to y8s
Default Denon AVR 2805 ... works except for audio outputs

Not sure what caused this but probably just age and hours of use (not excessively loud) but recently my Denon started having intermittent amplifier output failures. Now it's almost completely silent except under specific circumstances.

It seems to be all the outputs preamp, amp, headphone, sub preout, and so on. It DOES seem to recognize inputs but is unable to pass them through.

It will occasionally function on Tuner in stereo only. As soon as I switch it to another source or audio format it goes silent with no internal noises.

The unit powers up normally and functions fine otherwise, but as its primary function is to give me audio--well, that's not good enough

Anyone have ideas on what component might be flaky or if it's repairable? I'm not TOO intimidated by opening it up. It's already out of warranty.

Thanks!

Matt
Old 19th September 2007, 09:42 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to y8s Send a message via MSN to y8s Send a message via Yahoo to y8s
nobody can help me out?

anyone want a good deal on a semi-functional Denon AV receiver?
Old 20th September 2007, 12:30 PM   #3
Schaef is offline Schaef  United States
diyAudio Member

If its doing the same thing for everything except the tuner, maybe the problem isn't the output, but the input. I don't know enough about the internals to offer much more. You can go through the Denon site and get the service manual for it and try to debug it yourself.
Old 23rd September 2007, 09:46 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Schaef
If its doing the same thing for everything except the tuner, maybe the problem isn't the output, but the input. I don't know enough about the internals to offer much more. You can go through the Denon site and get the service manual for it and try to debug it yourself.
it's pretty random what works. I may open it up and just take a look.

thanks for the ideas!
Old 24th September 2007, 06:02 AM   #5
Chartal is offline Chartal  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hi.

I have a AVR-5600 and sometime, not to often, I have to switch the input back and forth to hear something.

When you switch the input you can hear a relay and I think it start to give me trouble.

Hide this!Advertise here!