Denon AVR 2805 ... works except for audio outputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure what caused this but probably just age and hours of use (not excessively loud) but recently my Denon started having intermittent amplifier output failures. Now it's almost completely silent except under specific circumstances.

It seems to be all the outputs preamp, amp, headphone, sub preout, and so on. It DOES seem to recognize inputs but is unable to pass them through.

It will occasionally function on Tuner in stereo only. As soon as I switch it to another source or audio format it goes silent with no internal noises.

The unit powers up normally and functions fine otherwise, but as its primary function is to give me audio--well, that's not good enough :)

Anyone have ideas on what component might be flaky or if it's repairable? I'm not TOO intimidated by opening it up. It's already out of warranty.

Thanks!

Matt

If its doing the same thing for everything except the tuner, maybe the problem isn't the output, but the input. I don't know enough about the internals to offer much more. You can go through the Denon site and get the service manual for it and try to debug it yourself.

Schaef said:
If its doing the same thing for everything except the tuner, maybe the problem isn't the output, but the input. I don't know enough about the internals to offer much more. You can go through the Denon site and get the service manual for it and try to debug it yourself.

it's pretty random what works. I may open it up and just take a look.

thanks for the ideas!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.