NPN negative collector resistance??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
at 0.2mA Ib :confused:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 178
Perhaps I am reading the graph wrong but the reistance is still greater than zero, the trend is that the resistance reduces very slightly with increasing voltage.

I think there are cases of negagitive resistance in theoretical applications, the standard unit of negative resistance is the "Mho"
(that may be a joke at my expense when I was an apprentice, I have never encountered it personally)

Hi

A number of phenomena can cause a negative resitance; but generally, it's the other variety, ie an increase in current causing a decrease of the voltage across the device (avalanche+injection, diacs, etc).
This one is rather unusual, and I suppose Charles is right: it has to be an artefact. With an FET in the right conditions, it could be caused by thermal effects, but in a bipolar, it's rather the other way round.
LV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.