Ebay seller goodbuy711 - OK?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
Maybe I've become jaded due to my regular visits to Hong Kong and its vast IP-ignorant neighbor/parent, but I wouldn't expect ANY Hong Kong seller's products to be the real thing. Hong Kong specializes in selling expensive, hard-to-find (often fake) items. China specializes in faking expensive hard-to-find items. It's a very convenient partnership.

Not suggesting that's the deal here. But ... nah... I'm sure I'm just overly cautious. :whazzat:

..TJ

For future reference -- the person registered as goodbuy711 is a known seller of counterfeit components. At any one time - he usually has at least 10,000 -- yes TEN THOUSAND -- known counterfeit products listed.
It's not exactly rocket science to prove many of the parts are counterfeits just by looking at the pictures. The counterfeiters are not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed and always think that 'new parts are better parts'. So, they always remark the components with new date codes. For example - you will find parts such as Motorola MJ10021's with 0238 date codes on them. This means the parts were made in the 38th week of 2002. What the counterfeiter doesn't know or is too ignorant to realize -- Motorola ceased making these as "Motorola" in 1999 when they spun off 'On Semiconductor'. He even has some new RCA transistors listed as well -- with 2001 date codes. My employer boght out RCA more than ten years ago and has since spun off this division to Intersil ... which never made these parts.

Most people leave feedback on ebay as soon as items are received. BUT - look at the feedback left by people that actually tested the parts prior to leaving feedback... a real eye opener!

So, with goodbuy711 -- buyer beware! In fact - avoid this buyer comletely -- that's all we need to do is support a Chinese counterfeiting operation.

-- Ed

:soapbox:

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
In my opinion, if this seller is truly selling counterfeits, and their eBay feedback corroborates that, then eBay is as guilty as the seller for allowing it to continue.

If you've been screwed by this seller, complain to eBay, and complain to your government's consumer protection agency ABOUT eBay allowing it. eBay will turn a blind eye and happily take their commission as long as they don't get any flack for it. :smash:

..Todd

The funny thing is goodbuy711 has allmost Perfect Feedback (over 99%) so either the poeple who bought from him didn"t know the items were counterfeit or the items are counterfeit but still work as described or the items aren"t counterfeit....

I did notice that with the NPN darlingtons I got off of him they are slightly shorter than the PNP ones are the dome is more rounded on the NPN compared to the PNP ones.....

taj

diyAudio Member
Joined 2005
It's important NOT to jump to conclusions based on size, shape, markings, logo font, price, country, etc. Stick to conclusive facts (such as date codes not corresponding properly to company names).

Be cautious based on those parameters, but do not condemn based on them. There may very well be legitimate, innocent reasons for the most clandestine looking features and circumstances.

Having said that, I admit to not trusting any China or Hong Kong based sellers based on my own previous experiences. And I caution others to consider likewise.

..Todd

Folk, go straight to the source for verification!

ON Logos to Replace Motorola Logos on Packaging Material and Devices

Checked with ON Semi (I was referred by Mouser, where I've NEVER bought a counterfeit) and they say a +/- variance of one week max on the date codes as outlined in the Product Change Notification.

BTW, goodbuy711 does sell counterfeits:

MJ15024's they have listed - check the photos against the ON Semi PCN and you'll see.

Talonix

Goodbuy711 continu to sale fake OPA637..

Yes you are all right in this forum Goodbuy711 continue to sale fake opa637, and PayP.... is really not a pal ! but refuse to refund the money.....
I ask myself why EB..y and PayP.... are supporting Goodbuy711 in such unfair dealing It's a scandal : they are providing support to counterfeit traffic.

Best
B.

I purchased fake MJ15024 from that noxious little weed and found out after reading about fakes on the ESP web site - AFTER installing 28 of them but fortunately before applying any power! The date codes were impossible. The logo rubbed off with metholated spirits and the dies inside the transistors were covered in white glue.

I took this photo myself. The left one is from good***711 - notice not even a copper heat transfer plate under the die. The right one is a real Motorola:

t03open.jpg

I would no longer buy ANY electronic components through ye Bay because it seems to me that they rely on these crooks for their own revenue. I bought real ones after that from Farnell online who are a reliable source for genuine items.

Hello

I just purchased 2PC MJ11015 Motorola from these guy.
The date code is OK but who know. Was produced one week before was change to ON semi but it still can be counterfeit . I won in auction for $3 with shipping together . I was happy until I read these post .
Otherwise he sell two PC for 10 bucks plus shipping cost .
Good to know about these counterfeit parts .
I purchased many parts before from these guy (I had no problem as long as I remember) but now I know I will no longer support these business .

Greetings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.