digital or analog crossover?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm looking for advice regarding active crossovers for my line-array speaker project. (described in the "which loudspeaker design?" thread in "loudspeakers")

My current plan is to use a three way PA active crossover and tri-amp to bass, mid and treble respectively.

I know some people use the digital Behringer DCX2496 for HiFi applications. There are also already thought out tweaks to improve the fidelty.
On the other hand, I know some people successfully using analog active PA crossovers as well. (for instance the Behringer CX3400)

Choosing between these two units, which one would you believe is abetter choice? Pros and cons?

Thanks,
M

maghen said:
Hi,

On the other hand, I know some people successfully using analog active PA crossovers as well. (for instance the Behringer CX3400)

Thanks,
M

I bought a second hand CX3400 it works very well and it is cheap. When you have more money then move over to DCX2496. You will not lose much money when you sell the CX3400.

I am planning to do this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.