Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd September 2007, 06:06 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default bridge rect. upgrade question on PE BASH 500

i have some stealth diodes from Fairchild 15 amp 600v and 30 amp 600v. i haven't checked the original flat pack inline pin bridge on google yet for specs as i haven't removed the amp yet. i'd like some opinions as to whether or not this could maybe make an audible improvement. tighter bass,fuller, cleaner, more musical etc. or, due to the limited frequency range, not be worth the trouble? just wanted some more experienced opinions than my own. so maybe i won't waste alot of time for nothing. the amp is the Parts Express Bash 500 with switching ps. with caps rated at 200v 470 uf. not sure of original bridge rect. just yet! thanks for any opinions!
Old 3rd September 2007, 08:59 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: bridge rect. upgrade question on PE BASH 500

Quote:
Originally posted by crippledchicken
i have some stealth diodes from Fairchild 15 amp 600v and 30 amp 600v. i haven't checked the original flat pack inline pin bridge on google yet for specs as i haven't removed the amp yet. i'd like some opinions as to whether or not this could maybe make an audible improvement. tighter bass,fuller, cleaner, more musical etc. or, due to the limited frequency range, not be worth the trouble? just wanted some more experienced opinions than my own. so maybe i won't waste alot of time for nothing. the amp is the Parts Express Bash 500 with switching ps. with caps rated at 200v 470 uf. not sure of original bridge rect. just yet! thanks for any opinions!
built bridge with stealth diodes=much better!

Old 4th September 2007, 01:09 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I have been using the Fairchild Stealth diodes to replace bridges in CD players, amps and pre-amps for years with good results.

Hide this!Advertise here!