2SK389 replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do anyone know of another dualfet that can replace a 2SK389. It does not have to be the same package. I have looked at 2SK2145 and 2SK2145, SMD parts from Toshiba, but they semes also to be har d to find. Does anyone know are they also about to be obsolite?

You do not have a whole lot of options. In general, discrete semiconductors, especially small-signal units, are decreasing in availability and variety. Small-signal FETs have always been a niche market and are are more so these days. Linear Systems seems to be surviving by re-creating defunct but unique-and-useful discretes, much like Oliver Q. Germanium did 20 years ago, and have picked up the 2SK389. Ten years ago there were not that many duals available, and there are even less today. Don't think you'll have a dozen different p/n's to choose from.

Be happy if you can purchase LSK389's for low-noise duals

Hello Roar Malmin,

I'm a newbie in this forum and would like to start a DIY project (diff preamp) based on Toshiba 2SK389/2SJ109 FET pairs.
I have found your post which is quite old... but I can't mail you for the moment (forum restriction for newbies).
Do you still have some 2SK389/2SJ109 to sell ? What would be the prices for each grade.
Thanks.
Hope to get some news soon !
Vincent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.