Jfet part number

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone know an equivalent for a jfet with the following stamped on the top? It's in a TO-18 case with 4 legs (one leg is to the shield)

S11 0166 710

The S is bigger than the numbers

The schematic labels it as a D214.

I've searched the web, the Mouser catalog, and this site. No luck with either number anywhere.

Thanks

The D214 is probably a house number (diodes are labeled CR on the schematic), but I thought the S11 0166 710 was a real part number. The device is labeled Q5 and Q6 (one for each channel), and it looks like a gate. It is activated by a switch that allows one to hear what noise is being removed by the impulse filter.

Thanks for the help -- I thought it would be easier than this to figure out a replacement. I am still troubleshooting the unit (lightening hit very near our house recently) and I think I have what I really need on order, and may not have to know a replacement for the fet.

I'll bump this up if the need arises.

Well, I got one channel working with some new IC's, but one of the S11 0166 710 fets is bad after all (they are both the same on each channel). I think they are N-channel MOSFETs, and they seem to carry a signal. The invert switch apparently takes them out of the circuit, but then only the clicks and pops can be heard (but at least they sound the same on each channel).

I could upload the schematic and perhaps someone could suggest a replacement. The power supply is 16 volts, and the shield leg is wired and carries -15 volts (actual measurement, and as the schematic shows).

Does anyone want to take a crack at it?

I know this thread is old but I'm wondering if these folks or someone else may be of some help to me. I have 3 of these sae 5000 units with only one unit properly working. I used an oscilloscope to probe the 8 I.C.'s in the unit and made notes of what I got and compared that to a non working unit and some of the I.C.'s are doing some strange things but I don't really know what to do next. I figure something is bad and then from that point on it's screwing up everything that follows it?? Another problem is the I.C.'s aren't labeled u1,u2,u3 etc. on the pc board, they are only labeled with the sae part number so I know which 3 chips are lm339 and they are u1,u2,and u3 but I don't know which is which. and then I know which 5 are rc4136 but I don't know which ones are u4,u5 etc. They all have pretty close to the same components around each chip and I'm just not knowledgeable to know what to do next? My knowledge is enough so if I have a service manual in front of me with directions I can fix stuff. That's how I work on the old rca selectavision video disc players, they have very detailed service manuals. But seeing how I don't have a service manual for the sae 5000 I'm hoping maybe someone on here would know about working on them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.