searching for needle vu-meter, led back lit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ive got a pair of needle VU meters that were from an old 1970"s Akai recording console but thet have small incandescant backlights but i"m sure they can be switched to LED"s....

i guess they are about 1 3/4 in x 1 in in size...if yer interested make me an offer......

Cheers

schematic of Behringer EP2500

Hi Minion,

I'm so sorry to place this in the wrong thread because I still can't email you yet due to my few posts.

Can you please send me that schematic of the Behringer EP2500?
These Behringer Guys are really making a fuzz out of giving away schematics...

I'd like to mod the fan control and see whatelse can be done :)

Thank you very much, Greetz

Andreas

If you really want the McIntosh look, I have a few cases of genuine MC1000 meters around here somewhere. They are quite large. You’d need to add a blue light behind them yourself. Also, you’d need to make a little rectifier/filter/attenuator do drive them.

Cheers,
Casey Walsh

Attachments

• mc1000_front_01.jpg
    mc1000_front_01.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 415
Re: schematic of Behringer EP2500

sympartysant said:
Hi Minion,

I'm so sorry to place this in the wrong thread because I still can't email you yet due to my few posts.

Can you please send me that schematic of the Behringer EP2500?
These Behringer Guys are really making a fuzz out of giving away schematics...

I'd like to mod the fan control and see whatelse can be done :)

Thank you very much, Greetz

Andreas

i have then EP-2500 schematic so find a way to get me yer e-mail and i"ll send it to you....try to PM me with yer e-mail....it is a 559kb PDF file.....

Cheers

Hi Christian:

The meters are manufactured by Modutec for McIntosh. The back side is a milky white plastic upon which you must project a uniform light field. McIntosh probably has a separate module for just that. There are no mounting holes or brackets on the meter for LEDs/bulbs. I’m swamped with work lately, but I’ll try and find the pictures I took of them for you.

Cheers,
Casey Walsh

All: I’ll check the warehouse and see if I can locate them. If so, I’ll post in the Trading Post.

Cbriere: I have a fondness for the antique VU meters that sometimes pop up on eBay. If you’re not in a rush, that may be the best path. I promise not to bid against you. :D

I_F: The changing color LED thing is a cool idea!

Cheers,
Casey Walsh

$125! I’m gonna be rich! Rich I tell ya! :devilr:

The ones I have are at least 8 inches / 200mm wide, so they might be a bit large for most folks. I’ve relocated to San Diego and half my inventory is still up in Pismo Beach, including the meters, so unfortunately I won’t be able get to them for a month or so.

BTW, cbriere: Do you have any details on your project(s)?

Cheers,
Casey Walsh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.