Where to get WM8816

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, Wolfson will supply small quantities. The only problem is that they ship Fedex and the postage cost may be higher than the parts cost (not an unusual situation in the 21st century unfortunately).
I ordered mine on their website. I had to contact them as I got no feedback. Their system was not working but it should be OK now.
Very nice customer service person.

By the way, the July issue of Audioxpress (www.audioxpress.com) includes an article on a preamp with the wm8816 by S. Kobayashi. The wm8816 is actioned by a small controller from Tachyonix (tachyonix. co.jp). No remote and no display but seems easy to make.

Christian

Hello,

Wolfson doesnt sell the product anymore. I cant get it on Digikey, NEwark, mouser and Farnell. The identical MAS chip is discontinued and the successor will be only sold in 100 unit quantities in germany.

Unbelievable that a company doesnt want to sell their product?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.