Wooden Enclosures and Consoles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I looking for a fancy wooden enclosure to house a small electronics project. It needs to be about 8 inches by 6 inches with a sloped (console) top so that the front is shorter than the back.

This unit here http://www.crookwood.com/products/Monitor Controllers - C2.htm

is similar albeit slight more complex to what i am building. It is basically a monitor controller.

I have not had much luck finding a console enclosure that doesn't look so generic like the ones in radio spares so any directions here would be great.

Thanks

Plywood and a bit of glue should get you going... If you want you can draw the whole thing out and maybe ask a local DIY shop to cut the planks out for you... A few coats of hamertone from a can, gets pretty hard over time, and has that antique electronics looks.. it is also pretty easy to fill the gaps and cracks by just applying a few extra coats of hamertone there... it is very forgiving in hideing blemishes...

Or even just the plywood and some danish oil.

This is DIY after all :)

I've just recently finished a DAC enclosure out of MDF and pine (with a view to painting it - hence I don't care about the wood used) but it could have easilly been done with some nice plywood.

I was hoping to post a photo at some point, but I wanted to sand and paint it first.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.