the switch thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
a long time ago there was a thread i still refer to called 'the knob thread'. i have been looking at the ampbox audio t-amp box for a long time, and every time i look at it i keep seeing the power switch on the front that looks like it came off a blender. i also see this same ugly switch on EVERY diy project. where do these beautiful brushed aluminum rocker switches come from on professional gear, doesn't anyone offer them? i have found a few cool led illuminated rockers, but they are all huge and made from plastic. anyone know of any sources for nicely finished switches, pushbuttons, etc?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
OzMikeH:

Most of the vandal resistant switches I've seen are pretty big (22mm diameter or larger is common). I'd also be interested in high quality, tiny toggle switches.

Ratso:

I have used the illuminated NKK toggle switches to good effect in some Gainclone projects; small aluminum shafts with an embedded LED at the end. But you're right -- nice aluminum rocker switches are hard to find.

Regards,
Scott

Hello everyone. First post here...

I was just scouring the Mouser and Digikey catalogs for a heavy illuminated rocker switch, but I haven't found anything satisfactory yet. I'm looking for something like this: http://www.vhtamp.com/images/D120H_Panel.jpg . Looks good. VHT doesn't make that switch themselves.

Slightly off-topic, but Mesa guitar amps have/had nice heavy toggles paired on some amps with a big blue power light. Really cool...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.