DN2540

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It would appear to be pretty much the same as the diyAudio CCS boards offered a few years ago and the CCS shown in Morgan Jones's "Valve Amplifiers." Performance is very good- not as good as cascoded DN2540, but good enough that it won't be the limitation in any circuit you're likely to build.

You can approximate them from the published curves, but there's enough batch-to-batch variation that you might want to set up a test jig to determine the resistor value (IME, the resistor value will be pretty consistent device-to-device in the same batch). For 10mA, a good starting point will be about 300R. For 20mA, about 120R. For 5mA, about 560R.

A single 10M45S is better than a single DN2540. But a cascaded DN2540 beats a 10M45S big time. Not sure if you can cascade 10M45S.

Check this out: CCS performance measurments

Damn. Wish I had know that. My last order from Mouser was for 73 euro's and I had to pay 20USD shipping.

K and K audio says the IXYS IXTP01N100D is better than the DN2540. Unfortunately. Europeans are NOT allowed to buy that part from the US of A.

Yes, you can cascade the IXYS part; I use the 10M45S cascaded in my preamp as a plate load, with SiC Schottky diode bias. It sounds excellent.

Hi all,

I know this is not exactly the right forum, but I'm searching for some DN2540 depletion mosfets, and it seems I cannot find them here in Italy; so, I know some of you have already used them, and hope you can help me with a shop address here in Europe (i would prefer to do not buy them oversea).
As an alternative you could give me some equivalent depletion mosfet easier to be found here in Europe.
Thanks in advance

Ciao,
Giovanni
I buy two on eBay from UK about 3 months ago, I paid 8,30$ CAN (£5,21 GBP) shipping included.

But I don't try them yet, it is for my winter experimental circuits.

Alain. :)

Last edited:
hey-Hey!!!,
On the cascoding I think it would be useful to run one of the IXYS bits on top. They have about double the gate-source voltage and would allow more d-s voltage for the lower one to work in. The larger voltage is ov primary concern cause gate-srain capacitance drops so rapidly at these d-s voltages. This would allow use of the higher than 400V parts here too( to do the 'heavy lifting' ).
cheers,
Douglas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.