RCA sockets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for some RCA sockets that can be bolted from the outside.

The idea is to replace the nickel plated ones on a Pioneer receiver, and those are soldered directly on the pcb. In fact the only one I actually saw, sold by Canford (UK), has pcb pins.

What I could find out is that Cardas makes a type, model GRFA, sold by Percy for $14.50/pair. Vampire and WBT probably also has them, likely more even more expensive.

Canford sells their type for around $9/pair, but I'm sure there's a place to find these in the USA. As I need to buy around 10 pairs, a better price is a plus.

Any hints?

Carlos

Re: RCA

fdegrove said:
Hi,

Since I see you're lurking.;)

Why you need them to bolt on the outside of the chassis?

Several manufacturers exist that offer RCA females that are fit got PCB use.

What I want to do is replace some RCA sockets soldered directly to a pcb. That RCA dual bar is a garden type, nickel plated, which deserves upgrading.

Finding gold plated/teflon exact replacements is close to impossible, so the next option is a socket which can be soldered to the pcb, inserted from the inside and bolted on the outside.

Most common types are inserted from the outside and bolted on the inside.

Carlos

Pass DIY Apprentice
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You mean like this?

Attachments

• pcb2fa.jpg
    pcb2fa.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 279
mrothacher said:
You mean like this?

Yes, that's it. What type is that?

About why insist on this connector instead of changing for something better, it's because I'm upgrading an existing equipment.

If I were looking for a better connector, in my opinion the best there is are XLRs, which are now better than ever and cheaper than ever, with many options.

Carlos

Re: CINCH KAPOEIRA

fdegrove said:
Excuse my ignorance,I still fail to see why the bolt should be on the outer side of the chassis ?!?

Now there's a picture for you to understand what I mean.

If you were thinking on a connector that could hold your pcb to the enclosure, you'd see why I need it to be like this.

Professional boards, particularly those using XLRs, are now mostly made with on-board connectors. Such types have to be inserted from the inside and secured from the outside.

RCAs have been the last ones to follow this assembly, but I think it's the way of the future.

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.