Help with identifying codes for Glass and Mica Axial Capacitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For those hardcore parts guys maybe someone on here can help.

I bought a BIG bag (Trader Joe size) of misc caps from a guy at TRW. After sorting it all out I have all the ceramics I'd ever need and then some, but then I also have some others that I'm curious about:

There are about 300 or so glass Capacitors from CGW (Corning Glass Works).

The bunch that I have start with CY10C and then theres more.
CY10C 5R0J, CY10C 161J and so on. I haven't sorted them all out yet, that will be for tomorrow evening.

All my web searches turn up part search sites with no data sheets. CGW was sold in 1987 and no data sheets are published anywhere.

Does anyone know what these codes mean?

I also have several hundred Mica Axial Caps in various sizes, but they all have one thing in common, they look like dominoes, they have colored dots on them indicating values. I have them in very small sizes (1/2 dime) to larger (silver dollar) sizes.

How do I read the codes on these caps?

The order of the colors are in two columns of 3 dots each on the left and right sides of the face of the caps.

I'll post pictures of these and the glass caps tomorrow evening.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi ! Most of the glass capacitors are low voltage ones (50 to 63v) . For the mica like Micamold or EL MENCO "red dot ones", you can see an arrow , you place it on the "left to right" direction . The first upper left dot is the T° stability , the second and third means value , then, from lower right to left : multiplier (x00 = black, x10 = brown , x 1000 = red) , then WVoltage , then lst : precision . Do you see that painting ? :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.