Remote volume control for existing remote?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a HTPC with a remote and I would like to use this remote to control a motorized pot.:confused:

I don't need anything fancy, I just need to be able to control the motor on the pot; nothing else. I have no experience with PICs or IR signals.

Are there any remote volume kits that anyone knows of that have a "learning" function? If not, I assume the next step would be to decode the IR signal, but how?

:xeye:

Yes, I've looked at that site before. The problem is that kit comes with a PIC already programmed for specific IR codes.

To get it to work I guess I would need to reprogram the PIC with the IR codes from my remote. The problem with that is I don't know how to get the IR codes for my remote and I don't know anything about programming PICs.

I already own a controller that has a programmed PIC. I even have the source code. I still have no clue how to find out the IR codes for my remote or if it's even possible to use it with this controller. Then there is the other problem of not knowing anything about PICs and not owning a programmer.:xeye:

http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=K5026

jbateman you rock!!!!

I don't even need a motor control with this board. I can make it work with a +-6v supply. If I connect the ground point of the supply to one of the motors terminals I can use the + and - on each of the relays. Then I can connect the output of each relay to the other terminal of the motor. Depending on which relay is active it will either send +6v or -6v to the motor.

Brilliant AND easy!!!! Thank you sir!:D

Remote volume control and 4 channel selector

I need a remote volume control and remote 4 channel selector, with a mute and ON/OFF function for my Class D Amplifier. Is anyone aware if it can be bought as a kit? If not, does anyone have a circuit diagram? I do not want to waste time designing my own circuit.
Thank you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.