Adding Preouts to a Pioneer Receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is it possible to take my VSX-515-K and add pre-amp outputs to it? I would like to run some pro audio amplifiers for increased headroom and lowered noise floor (the integrated amplifier is really noisey). However, I don't have the money to buy a new receiver just because I want pre-outs. Is there a fix for this?

Maybe. Try the Pioneer website. Look for service. Also try "googling".

Even if you find, them it's hard to say in advance how tricky it will be, Could range from really simple to totally impractical. One problem sound simply be lack of space to install a pair of RCA jacks. Recievers are often packed pretty tight.

Anyway the idea is good.

I used the speaker outputs to feed my power amp, with a voltage divider. It sounded worse to my ears, and created a 60hz hum. The receiver was the Pioneer VSX-D509S.

Attached is a harmonic distortion sweep of the VSX-D590S. Not terrible, but not great either.

Dan

Attachments

• pioneer -40 steps.jpg
    pioneer -40 steps.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 95
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.