diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Parts (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/)
-   -   CMC connectors (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/104865-cmc-connectors.html)

jarthel 8th July 2007 07:29 AM

CMC connectors
 
I was looking at an HK shop and these are selling quite cheaply.

I've searched here, in AA and the net and general. It seems Shangling uses these as well but I wouldn't count that as a pro.

I am thinking buying the RCA (not the most expensive one) and 2 pairs of binding posts.

would you recommend CMC connectors?

thank you

Brachy 8th July 2007 08:50 AM

CMC connectors
 
You can also find some very low prices CMC connectors in Taiwan.

Here is the web site:

http://www.iwdiy.com/ShoppingMall/index.php?cPath=48_49

jarthel 9th July 2007 12:35 AM

Re: CMC connectors
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Brachy
You can also find some very low prices CMC connectors in Taiwan.

Here is the web site:

http://www.iwdiy.com/ShoppingMall/index.php?cPath=48_49

any comment on the quality?

thank you.

ssmith 9th July 2007 06:28 AM

I have some, bought them in HongKong -- just like these:

http://www.iwdiy.com/ShoppingMall/do...art/RCA-R1.JPG

They are very nice quality and they look and feel very nice -- and in HK they were no more expensive than run of the mill connectors elsewhere in the world. They claim to have teflon, and I got the impression during soldering that that may be true (they didn't melt). They also mount from the inside of the chassis, which I found quite useful. Not sure who the manufacturer is -- i've seen the same type in HK and Taiwan branded as either CMC and Onix.

As for sound 'quality' -- no idea. Haven't done a comparison and don't intend to.

Brachy 9th July 2007 11:05 AM

Re: Re: CMC connectors
 
Quote:

Originally posted by jarthel


any comment on the quality?

thank you.

I have only the experience of speaker binding post, like below:
http://www.iwdiy.com/ShoppingMall/images/CMC858-all.jpg
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/2706/terminalyg7.jpg


I think the quality is very good!
:D

rabbitz 9th July 2007 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ssmith
I have some, bought them in HongKong -- just like these:

http://www.iwdiy.com/ShoppingMall/do...art/RCA-R1.JPG

They are very nice quality and they look and feel very nice -- and in HK they were no more expensive than run of the mill connectors elsewhere in the world. They claim to have teflon, and I got the impression during soldering that that may be true (they didn't melt). They also mount from the inside of the chassis, which I found quite useful. Not sure who the manufacturer is -- i've seen the same type in HK and Taiwan branded as either CMC and Onix.

As for sound 'quality' -- no idea. Haven't done a comparison and don't intend to.

Jarthel

The ones shown in the pic are available in Oz at DIY Fidelity.
http://www.diyfidelity.com.au/produc...products_id=40

Just bought 6 sets and quite good.

ssmith 9th July 2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rabbitz


Jarthel

The ones shown in the pic are available in Oz at DIY Fidelity.
http://www.diyfidelity.com.au/produc...products_id=40

Just bought 6 sets and quite good.


AU$6 a pair -- looks like a very fair deal -- think i paid around that in HK.

jarthel 10th July 2007 03:19 AM

Re: Re: Re: CMC connectors
 
Quote:

Originally posted by Brachy


I have only the experience of speaker binding post, like below:



I think the quality is very good!
:D

can I use bare speaker wire? or am I limited to spade/banana plugs?

thanks again

jarthel 10th July 2007 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by rabbitz


Jarthel

The ones shown in the pic are available in Oz at DIY Fidelity.
http://www.diyfidelity.com.au/produc...products_id=40

Just bought 6 sets and quite good.


nice find rabbitz!

the hk shop I'm looking at, they sell these for $9.80 USD a pair. at that price I might as well buy cardas! :|


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:08 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2