CMC connectors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was looking at an HK shop and these are selling quite cheaply.

I've searched here, in AA and the net and general. It seems Shangling uses these as well but I wouldn't count that as a pro.

I am thinking buying the RCA (not the most expensive one) and 2 pairs of binding posts.

would you recommend CMC connectors?

thank you

I have some, bought them in HongKong -- just like these:

RCA-R1.JPG

They are very nice quality and they look and feel very nice -- and in HK they were no more expensive than run of the mill connectors elsewhere in the world. They claim to have teflon, and I got the impression during soldering that that may be true (they didn't melt). They also mount from the inside of the chassis, which I found quite useful. Not sure who the manufacturer is -- i've seen the same type in HK and Taiwan branded as either CMC and Onix.

As for sound 'quality' -- no idea. Haven't done a comparison and don't intend to.

ssmith said:
I have some, bought them in HongKong -- just like these:

RCA-R1.JPG

They are very nice quality and they look and feel very nice -- and in HK they were no more expensive than run of the mill connectors elsewhere in the world. They claim to have teflon, and I got the impression during soldering that that may be true (they didn't melt). They also mount from the inside of the chassis, which I found quite useful. Not sure who the manufacturer is -- i've seen the same type in HK and Taiwan branded as either CMC and Onix.

As for sound 'quality' -- no idea. Haven't done a comparison and don't intend to.

Jarthel

The ones shown in the pic are available in Oz at DIY Fidelity.
http://www.diyfidelity.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=0_41&products_id=40

Just bought 6 sets and quite good.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.