Pure Copper conductor deposited on a ferrous core?!?!?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok so I was looking around on Ebay, and noticed Zu Cables talking about how great its cables are. It mentioned having a foamed PE insulation, ok thats good, and a pure copper conductor deposited on a ferrous core. Now am I crazy or is that copper clad steel??? I mean of all conductors I was of the impression that it was the audiophiles Antichrist to have copper clad steel.

yeah I think I will have to invent a cable company and begin playing the same marketing game. I mean, if you buy their marketing or not is not the point of this, at least typically the stuff they do follows some level of logic. You can say that you can't actually hear the difference between single crystal copper or CCC and regular copper, or even OFC vs regular copper, but at least you know the extra money went to a different process, or at least we hope there is an actual difference. However, to actually be selling a product which only exists as a way to save cost over very long runs while adding load strength, because it actually sounds better, even though we know its an inferior conductor, is just ridiculous. I mean, even looking at silver coated copper, or tin coated copper, there is a pretty big difference in the metal structure of a dipped coating and a die extruded metal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.