Help with TT wiring into Hi-Fi console

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok - I have a zenith 60's console that I am placing a Dual 1219 into. I am having a problem with wiring. The old turntable was hardwired in, and I am trying to connect RCA adaptors, so i can remove the TT as needed. The wire coming from the stereo has a red/white, a wire wrap around it, and what appears to be a ground wire. I soldered the white and red wires into the tip of the rca connectors, but can not figure out what to do with either the ground or shield wires. When I connect the TT I do not get a signal coming though. I connected the TT to another stereo with a phono rca input and it plays great, so I know the problem is my wiring to the amp in the cabinet.

If I follow the wires to the amp, it appears that the "ground" wire is connected along with the red/white, but not the shielding. How do I connect the RCA plugs to work with the TT?

Make sense? Help!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.