Yamaha RX-497 + 4x Dynacord DL92

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I have a little problem with soundsystem: Yamaha RX-497 reciever and Dynacord DL92 speakers (4 speakers, 2 different sections).
The amp is too much for the speakers and one of my coworkers doesn't seem to understand that. Almost every morning when I go to work I find that the amp's volume is almost at maximum. I'm afraid that the speakers won't hold on very long.

Is there a possibility to create somekind of protection circuit for the speakers (e.g. limiter or clipper) that will disconnect the speakers, when the signal is too high for the speakers.

Thanks for helping :D

to XEAGLEKEEPER: tnx for your reply, but this isn't what i'm looking for. The device you recommended will control the inputs gain depending on the signal level in output. Since the reciever has an built-in FM tuner, which is also used, and an external CD changer, then the effect will only be on the CD changers signal. And the damage can still be done, when using FM tuner.
But thanks again for your answer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.