Where to buy PCB Drill bits in Hong Kong ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: Where to buy PCB Drill bits in Hong Kong ?

jmpsmash said:

Ap Liu street in Sham Shui Po (reachable by MTR) should have it.
---------------------------------------------

Just use ordinary drills from hardware stores; they are so cheap in HK. Unless you are proeducing en mass. Carbide ones are not cheap even in Ap Liu.

audio_cf said:
I have tried normal HSS drills and it doesnt work. Maybe I can get 2 - 3 decent holes before the holes start to look more like craters then holes and the copper is ripped apart from the laminate.
-----------------------------------
I don't have that problem with drills bought in Hong Kong. What are you drilling and have you the right speed?

Some HSS drills bought in UK are crap.

I have used a Bench drill press at the highest speed it
can 2800 rpm. Do I have to use a higher speed with the HSS drills ?
The HSC drills are so fragile so thats why I need some new ones in sweden they are redicolusly expensive. I have seen in china a long time ago HSC drills for about 1,5 EUR a piece!

///CF

fmak said:
audio_cf said:
I have tried normal HSS drills and it doesnt work. Maybe I can get 2 - 3 decent holes before the holes start to look more like craters then holes and the copper is ripped apart from the laminate.
-----------------------------------
I don't have that problem with drills bought in Hong Kong. What are you drilling and have you the right speed?

Some HSS drills bought in UK are crap.

lol, its funny cos you always delete the end of the quote script.. :) yeah, using a standard electric hand drill will dive poor results... :)

audio_cf said:
I have used a Bench drill press at the highest speed it
can 2800 rpm. Do I have to use a higher speed with the HSS drills ?
The HSC drills are so fragile so thats why I need some new ones in sweden they are redicolusly expensive. I have seen in china a long time ago HSC drills for about 1,5 EUR a piece!

///CF
----------------------------------------------
You need a proper drill 5000 to 10 000 rev/min

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.