Dual gang audio pots and where to find them

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
dual gang audio pots and where to find them

I had no idea these parts were so hard to find. When I built my amp, I used a single gang pot for each channel's volume control. It got to be kind of a pain tweaking the dual volume controls until both channels were equally loud. Radio Shack has a 100k dual pot but that's too high a resistance for my application. Where is a good place to get a 10k dual gang pot?

Does anyone know where I could get a small dual gang on/off switch so I can turn my stereo circuit on at low level nd then keep turning to raise the volume?

I hear ya BUT that raises my eyebrows. I like to use the volume control as little as possible to reduce wear 'and tear' - it is mechanical, it does [usually] wear out, it will [usually] make you regret going that route sometime in the not very distant future - it has for me . If at all possible, I think it is much better to have a separate on/off switch.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
hmm, for guitar there are some where a switch function is activated by pulling the shaft out
but reminds me...you need a spec sheet to make sure its fit for mains voltage, and not just a signal switch
may be just for small signal

you can get small and neat push bottom switches for mains voltage
or simply just mount the switch on back panel
thats where the mains voltage comes in anyway

this trash box I found already had both a switch and cable plug ...cost free :D

Attachments

• IMG_8317.JPG
    IMG_8317.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 216
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.