NE5530N op amp or substitute?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://www.datasheets.org.uk/specsheet.php?part=NE5530N
If anyone hasn't seen this already. Its not very detailed.

I'll be working on it tomorrow and let you know what I've tried.

Alot of help and info on this thread. Anyone in the future who googles ne5530 will be lead here for info.

I wish I could jump on those 1400's they would be nice to have around,but gas prices are killing me on my commute to work. Thanks though.

For the hell of it sent another email to QSC and this one was answered promptly with specifics! They were really cool and sent me a pdf. It was the same person who recommended buying new. I guess I wore him down. I'm attempting to attach it here.

Resistor change Gold mentioned with a tlo72. It mentions two .033 caps across these resistors but not what the ideal value should be.

I only hope I didn't damage anything as I threw in a 5532 and just about had my head taken off with volume after barely moving the gain control.

Attachments

• ne5530_opamp_substitution.pdf
    57.1 KB · Views: 171
FYI: from a state side pro audio resource for used equipment = http://www.gearsource.com/products.cfm?pkid=7029

" QSC CX702 Power Amplifier. These CX702 amplifiers have been rack mounted on our sales floor for several years. The demo setup we envisioned was never fully set up so the units saw very little use. They are fully operational. Cosmetically, the front looks great and ..." ... :cool:

Excuse for reopen that old topic but i've found it in the search and i'd like to know: may i use OPA2134PA instead of NE5533? I've search Internet wide before posting but neither, Philips or Burr Brown, say anything about, of course. And i ask not only because of the pins order (they don't fit each other but i didn't draw the PCB yet) but the gain and something else, like closed-loop and more.

That's what i have about these ICs:

NE5533
Small-signal bandwidth: 10MHz
Output drive capability: 600Ω, 10V RMS at VS= ±18V
Input noise voltage: 4nV/√Hz
DC voltage gain: 100000
AC voltage gain: 6000 at 10kHz
Power bandwidth: 200kHz
Slew rate: 13V/ µs
Large supply voltage range: ±3 to ±20V

Datasheet: NE5533 Datasheet pdf - Dual and single low noise op amp - Philips

OPA2134
SUPERIOR SOUND QUALITY
ULTRA LOW DISTORTION: 0.00008%
LOW NOISE: 8nV/√Hz
TRUE FET-INPUT: IB = 5pA
HIGH SPEED:
SLEW RATE: 20V/µs
BANDWIDTH: 8MHz
HIGH OPEN-LOOP GAIN: 120dB (600 Ω)
WIDE SUPPLY RANGE: ±2.5V to ±18V

Datasheet: OPA2134PA Datasheet pdf - SoundPlus(TM) High Performance Audio Operational Amplifiers - Texas Instruments

Thanks.

The datasheets.org.uk link didn't have much information when I accessed it. I have a Signetics ICs from Mullard (Philips) Technical Handbook, September 1977. It has a 1/2 page preliminary specification for the NE/SE530/5530.
Features:-
Output swing (+/-5V supplies) 8 volts p-p typical
High slew rate 35 V / us at unity gain inverting typical
Settling time (to 0.1%) 1us typical
Low offset voltage 2 mV max
Low bias current 60 nA ma
Wide bandwidth 3 MHz typical
Low current drain 2 mA typical / amplifier.
It also states 'Both products will have industry standard pinouts'. The pin configuration is shown as the same as the NE5532.

duck... duck... duck... GOOSE!

Just adding information to the topic - I found a datasheet as well as other information.

Looking at it from another perspective (while it was still in production), and available as a substitute in it's own right - I found several sources that mentioned this op-amp (5530) as a poor choice as a replacement for several of the chips mentioned above, due to having a Class 'B' input stage.

The QSC substitution pdf is already present is other threads on here as well, but I uploaded it again anyway, just so people wouldn't have to look for it.

P.S. Just in case anyone wonders why I didn't just edit my post - the post was too old for that, and given the value of the knowledge in this post, I figured it wasn't worth bothering a mod, who would probably just say, "post anyway..."

Attachments

• ne5530_opamp_substitution.pdf
    57.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Signetics 5530.pdf
    147.9 KB · Views: 60
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.