How to hide a TSOP1736 at front panel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am looking like a maniac for such a small, round, red acrylic-looking thing which stucks in the front panel of a great amount of hifi devices like a Creek OBH22 Preamp e.g.

You know my problem? I have an ugly TSOP1736 IR-receiver which sits directly behind the front panel and waits for getting some nice RC5 codes of my remote controller to rise the volume of my preamp. But there is just this primitive hole in the alu panel.:bawling:

Where can I buy such thing and how is it called? IR-filter, IR-lens, IR-whothehellknows?

Who can help me?

Regards

Thomas

You can buy transparent plastic "lenses" for LEDs that push-fit into a panel hole. Various colours to match the LED, but red should pass the IR straight through. You should be able to mount the TSOP chip behind one.

Have a look here at the options, the black plastic bezels also finish the hole neatly.

Most biggish places sell them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.