IEC jack w/fuse -need help wiring - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd May 2007, 04:17 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default IEC jack w/fuse -need help wiring

I'm not sure how to wire this mount up and was hoping someone could tell me or better yet, show me. It is to be used as the source for an amp 6 build . there are 4 poles on the back and I am,...well, confused.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

thanks !
Old 23rd May 2007, 04:36 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Use your ohmmeter, but it looks like ground goes straight through on the bottom. The hot goes up to the fuse, and has a small terminal, probably so one can add a light for blown fuse indication. Normally you wouldn't connect anything here. The other side of the fuse is, well, fused hot. The remaining straight through terminal is the neutral. This is a US 120VAC arrangment- it wouldn't be suitable for EU 220VAC, as I think you need dual fuses.
Old 23rd May 2007, 05:43 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks , the small terminal is what threw me, I didn't think of an indicator light.

Hide this!Advertise here!