Groundside Electrons - Page 37 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th March 2010, 12:44 PM   #361
theob is offline theob  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks again Bud!!

I spent my whole weekend re-balancing my system for bass. The dongles made so much of a change (for the better) on my bass I had to change crossover values and filters for the midbass plus positionng of my subwoofer to optimize. Now I get almost a brand new bass performance level...way to the better....more space, better placement of instruments and palpability of the mids.

Thanks again.
Old 30th March 2010, 07:43 AM   #362
marce is offline marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Had a look at the grounding in the article!
IMO horrendus, it should be copper pours these days, with (if required) splits to seperate high current areas from low current areas.
Old 20th July 2010, 02:56 AM   #363
BudP is offline BudP  United States
diyAudio Member

Just to turn up the fire and increase the agony, here is yet another review of the GC'e, though in this case it includes RCA connected loops, in amps and CD players. Such bold heresy!

Welcome to the Stereo Times
Old 20th July 2010, 06:09 AM   #364
49 - for the 18th time
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudP View Post
Just to turn up the fire and increase the agony, here is yet another review of the GC'e, though in this case it includes RCA connected loops, in amps and CD players. Such bold heresy!

Good Fer Ya Bud!!! Congrat's!
Old 20th July 2010, 08:03 AM   #365
SimontY is offline SimontY  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to SimontY
Nice one
Old 20th July 2010, 09:15 AM   #366
diyAudio Member

Ground Control...best thing since EnABL!
Old 20th July 2010, 09:57 AM   #367
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:

I had never heard of this publication before. Thanks for the link- clicking around that site ended up being quite entertaining.
Old 19th August 2010, 09:58 PM   #368
diyAudio Member

Default Ground Control DIY results so far

So far the quick and dirty method (simple lamp cord loops on speakers) really opened my eyes. I added loops on the speaker outputs from my sub, but could not detect any difference there. Held off on doing the main amp speaker outputs, because it's a pain in the butt to get stuff on and off back there, and didn't want to try it until I had a better DIY built.

Got some real Litz today and followed your recipe today. Will try them all over - at least where I have spades (amp, speakers, sub amp). If that works out, I'll make up some RCAs too.

As to the RCAs:
1) Does it matter if you put them on outputs or inputs on CDP, DAC, other devices?
2) Specifically on the DAC, is the analog output OK for placement?
3) If I understand correctly how to build the RCA version, I just pull or disable the center pin and connect the Litz loops to the barrel, right?

OK, there was one other question regarding the use of the link between L & R negatives on the back of the main amp (and I assume on sub amps, or does this work on other outputs as well?) Is that effectively just a short jumper between the two? Can it be made simply by making it the third part of a spade pair, for example, for the back of my amp?

Thanks for all this great stuff, Bud! Who gives a crap why it works, when it works startlingly well....;=)

Quote:

Old 20th August 2010, 03:25 AM   #369
diyAudio Member

Bud, the refined version of the GC (using the proper Litz, etc.) oddly took a few hours to settle down. Compare that to minutes with the quick and dirty; but the sound of the improved version is now better anyway. Have yet to get it onto my amp - mess to reach back there! But this is a damn good tweak. Thank you!
Old 20th September 2010, 03:34 AM   #370
tobes64 is offline tobes64  Australia
diyAudio Member

BudP,

I have 2 sets of the spade equipped GC's (standard) on their way to experiment with.
My plan is to put 1 pair on my speakers.
I was wondering, since my stereo power amp has a common PCB/signal ground, whether 1 GC on either one of the negative speaker posts would be sufficient?
That would leave the 2nd GC available to experiment elsewhere - perhaps the ground lug of my preamp.

Thanks for any input - Tobes

Hide this!Advertise here!