Type of transformer for balanced power

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Guys, I was wondering what was done to make a transformer applicable for balanced power. Would a basic 55-60 volt CT transformer offer the same results? I noticed that on ebay, Antek has one with 56V secondaries which they say is suitable for that purpose, or use if you need 56v secondaries. What I'm wondering is, would any transformer with 55-60 volt secondaries work fine. If that is the case, then how is it hooked up to offer the balanced power. My assumption is that one secondary goes to one leg of the outlet, the other secondary goes to the other secondary, and the center wire goes to ground. Is this correct? I would also assume that you would probably prefer to ground to a central star location? I've been wanting to build a balanced power conditioner for a while, but the custom toroids always made the idea unreasonable. I have to finish my other project first, and see how much money I can put towards these projects before moving forward with it, but it would be nice to know at least.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.