Need help with PIC timer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sparkfun Electronics sells development boards made by Olimex. Some of them have LCD display modules, so about all you will have to do is write your program.

You can generate code to drive the display using Application Maestro that you can DL free from Microchip.

You can drive lots of current by connecting a low threshold MOSFET to any output pin. One RFP30N06LE will let you switch up to about 30A!

I have doe all these things and they work.

I_F

Thanks for your replay !
My have no problem to get display in my country - Farnell.com or RS.com are providing services in Israel, so I can to get almost any display from them. Problem is - I absolutley new to PIC programming :bawling: . If you can to help me by answering to some questgions about programm I`ll be very glad.

Please look at this display. I think it`s seems to be very close to display used in sourse project.
What you think about it ?

You told about software to design the codes for PIC`s, I have latest
version of Altium Designer. Do you know something about abilitys of this program to create codes for PIC16F84 ?

I`m pretty new to digital design, so some of my questions may seems to be stupid :)

Sent... sorry for the wait... had a hard day...

Some code snippets can be found here...
http://www.piclist.com/techref/io/lcd/pic.htm

In the datasheet for the pic.. you will find info on software you can use to programme and tests in, I think its called MPLAB, nd is free from microchip.com

There are many good tutorials for the basic pic funtions you need... setting up ports as in or output, and reading or writing data to those ports...

Using the info I sent you, you could even run an LCD just with switches... so you learn what need to go in and out...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.