Behringer 8024 midi connection with computer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to setup the control of my Behringer 8024 (Ultracurve) through my computer but I'm having a hard time with it.

1: I've made a (~midi) cable but I'm not sure if I have the right pins connected. The pc-end is a gameport (DB15) type connector, but Behringer doens't mention how it is used. Right now I have:
DB15 - DIN5
---------------
5 - 2
8 - 4
12 - 5

See photo.

And also: do I use Midi in or -through (or out) to control the Ultracurve?

2: When I start the http://www.behringer.com/02_products/proddetail.cfm?id=DSP8024&type=350&lang=eng, it tells me that no Midi in- and output are selected. But when I close the control window, and am left with the main window, and select Setup -> Midi, the main window closes / crashes.

-I use a Philips Rhythmic Edge soundcard (also for digital out to the Behringer) and Windows XP.

Has anybody succesfully setup the control of his Ultracurve through one's computer and can tell me how?

Thanks.
Niels.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.