Panasonic FM series capacitor - anyone have opinion?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I use them all the time. They are not really available in values that would be used for signal path duties, but rather for filtering and bypass (from Digikey, anyway). When I sit down to order caps, if the voltage I need is 50V or lower, I check to see if I can get the FM cap instead of the FC cap. If it is not available, I get the FC, or go look at the Nichicon HE (their equivalent of the Panasonic FM).

I just purchased some 470uF panasonic FM caps to use on a new starving student millet headphone amp build.

I will use Panasonic FC for power caps and Panasonic FM for output caps bypassed with Wima MKP10 .33uF

My current starving student amp is using nichicon pw power caps and Nichicon Muse ES 330uF output caps bypassed with Wima MKP10 .33uF.

and Echowars, can you explain more why would you not use them for signal path duties? I am quite new at all this DIY stuff (I've built a cmoy, a starving student, and as I mentioned I'm about to build another starving student).

On another note, I've also heard the FJ caps are a bit better than the FM, but I can't seem to find anywhere that stocks them.

On another note, I've also heard the FJ caps are a bit better than the FM, but I can't seem to find anywhere that stocks them. [/B][/QUOTE]

You can find them on eBay only.
Also I can't find them anywhere else.
Seems like Panasonic don't want to introduce them. Only on US website there are some links, but in catalog they are lacking.

Recently, I've asked Panasonic to send me a datasheet of FJ caps, but they didn't answer me.
BrianDonegan, seems you are right. The engineering draft of FJ caps which I've found is dated on 23 May 2002.
BTW, I just read your signature. It's wonderful. I suppose you have a same friend.
Regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.