Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Parts Connexion

Parts Connexion Electronic parts and lots more http://www.partsconnexion.com

Old 24th July 2013, 12:20 AM   #11
Jsixis is offline Jsixis  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spuddo View Post
Hi Benb , reading the ua726 replacement article is enough to put paid to that idea,
The piece of equipment i'm repairing is a minimoog and no way would i diy a sub--it deserves a drop in replacement.
As it turns out, last night i managed to get a nos part .
Regards
wow a minmoog, I have a friend who has one of those
Old 24th July 2013, 01:19 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

I guess the 1999 article may make reference to National Semiconductor's "Linear Applications Handbook" using another transistor array.
Old 4th August 2013, 02:23 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Spuddo, you can check for fakes by testing the two transistors in the uA726 package with a meter (Hfe, etc.) to confirm at minimum that the expected pinout provides positive results. If you have a bench power supply of some sort I imagine you could try hooking up the heater leads to power (taking care to check the original schematic of the circuit for which it's destined; sometimes there is a touch of supporting circuitry required) and see if it heats to an uncomfortable level. If you have the luxury of cloning the circuit you can take the pins from an SIP female header socket (clippable) and solder them into the 726 position so you can remove them when done. I'm working with a Buchla dual oscillator home-etch design and it requires them; I have a build dedicated to this approach for testing purposes although I'll likely eventually solder in those components and actually use it

You might enjoy this forum's DIY section:

Please clickthrough for the world's best forum

We tend to agree that utsource.com are a good bet for 726. I've gotten some from China on a risk purchase and they were fine, although people do post about receiving all manner of fakes.

Sorry to make this thead linger in Parts Connexion territory. I'm a happy repeat customer and enthusiastically recommend them!

Last edited by Tape Echo; 4th August 2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 4th August 2013, 03:38 PM   #14
spuddo is offline spuddo  Australia
diyAudio Member

Hi Echo , thanks so much for taking the time to help.
I've recently bought 10x UA726 from china for $67.00.Also 3x UA726 from American Semi's for $150.00 +$75.00 postage---yes $75.00 for 2 oz's.
I'm no EE but can manage to do basic tests. I've recently bought a MM with temp probe and that should help to see if the heater works.
I read somewhere that 75 degees celcius is the target
I'm busy at the moment , so it'll be awhile before i get to it.
I'll keep you posted and may ask for further help.
Regards
Geoff

Hide this!Advertise here!