Konzert Amp & Speakers Website - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Live Sound > PA Systems

PA Systems A forum for discussion of all parts of a sound reinforcement or DJ system: loudspeakers, mixers (desks) etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th February 2006, 03:03 AM   #1
joval is offline joval  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Question Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Good morning to all,
Thanks for such a nice site. I am a new member from Philippines, looking for website of Konzert Amp & Speakers. I have a karaoke machine. PLayer is Karavisiion MD888 / Konzert Sub-Mid-Tweeters / Amp is Konzert AV302. I want to improve the sound. I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks & Loud Power,
Joval
Old 24th February 2006, 06:59 AM   #2
clem_o is offline clem_o  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Hi joval,

The professional amplifiers from Konzert are from China, haven't heard of anyone who has a schematic nor much technical info. No idea if the lower-powered stuff is from there as well, but would guess that it is.

Cheers!
Old 3rd March 2006, 05:09 PM   #3
fish4u is offline fish4u  Philippines
diyAudio Member

hi! been away for a little while..

im also interested with these speakers, at their prices they seems too good to be true. but i've heard many feedback that they're ok.

are you sure these are just from china?
i've heard its some sort of alternate brand for daichi(another local brand here).

thanks!
Old 3rd March 2006, 10:30 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi fish4u,

The professional amps are from China. Speaker drivers, I don't know. The only experience I have with their loudspeakers is a pair of 300W 12" dual voice-coil units I bought I looooong time ago. Back then, Konzert wasn't marketing any amplifiers yet, they were concentrated only on loudspeaker drivers. Frankly, the build characteristics for these units are very different from units from Dai-ichi, so I would venture that they are not from Dai-ichi. But now, times have changed and I haven't really had a look at the current offerings, so what you've heard may be true.

Regarding sound - generally, you get what you pay for... :-)

Cheers
Old 23rd July 2006, 07:46 AM   #5
kvx is offline kvx  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Hi guys,

Any idea how this speakers compare to each other? Had a lot of crown drivers, but i was disappointed when i found out that even 2 of them of the same model sound different, 1 has a lower (much lower) sensitivity. I've even seen models marked as 105 dB/W/m, this is too much to be true! I just wish I'd have an spl meter to verify this.
Old 23rd July 2006, 09:17 AM   #6
djQUAN is offline djQUAN  Philippines
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to djQUAN Send a message via Yahoo to djQUAN
I'll still go with targa. :P
Old 23rd July 2006, 10:11 AM   #7
AJT is offline AJT  Philippines
diyAudio Moderator

hey guys,

they could be dai-ichi's for all we know....

almost anything electronics nowadays are made in china....
Old 26th July 2006, 12:30 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kvx

2 of them of the same model sound different, 1 has a lower (much lower) sensitivity. I've even seen models marked as 105 dB/W/m, this is too much to be true!

It isn't possible to get 105db/W/m on a dynamic speaker - not unless you have it in a horn. Or, they did that spec at one of the driver's resonant frequencies!

I once (well, many years ago) saw a very well-known local manufacturer test its drivers - a signal gen set to 'sweep', running maybe 500Hz to 5KHz. TWEEEEEEP. That was it. If it sounds, it's ok, put it into the box.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if you find WIIIIDE differences between drivers of the "same" make.

Cheers
Old 26th July 2006, 08:13 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to audiomachines
hello guys,

that's why i still hold on to my old 15''s starvox, with a properly design crossover (not the one you buy of the shelf from raon) you can really make it sing.
Old 27th July 2006, 12:49 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Starvox? Their tweeters were pretty bad - worse than dai-ichi stuff. But I haven't seen / tested their bass drivers, so it's possible. Or, you got lucky and got a good one!

Cheers!

Clem

Hide this!Advertise here!