Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi! been away for a little while..

im also interested with these speakers, at their prices they seems too good to be true. but i've heard many feedback that they're ok.

are you sure these are just from china?
i've heard its some sort of alternate brand for daichi(another local brand here).

thanks!

Hi fish4u,

The professional amps are from China. Speaker drivers, I don't know. The only experience I have with their loudspeakers is a pair of 300W 12" dual voice-coil units I bought I looooong time ago. Back then, Konzert wasn't marketing any amplifiers yet, they were concentrated only on loudspeaker drivers. Frankly, the build characteristics for these units are very different from units from Dai-ichi, so I would venture that they are not from Dai-ichi. But now, times have changed and I haven't really had a look at the current offerings, so what you've heard may be true.

Regarding sound - generally, you get what you pay for... :)

Cheers

Hi guys,

Any idea how this speakers compare to each other? Had a lot of crown drivers, but i was disappointed when i found out that even 2 of them of the same model sound different, 1 has a lower (much lower) sensitivity. I've even seen models marked as 105 dB/W/m, this is too much to be true! I just wish I'd have an spl meter to verify this.

kvx said:

2 of them of the same model sound different, 1 has a lower (much lower) sensitivity. I've even seen models marked as 105 dB/W/m, this is too much to be true!

It isn't possible to get 105db/W/m on a dynamic speaker - not unless you have it in a horn. Or, they did that spec at one of the driver's resonant frequencies!

I once (well, many years ago) saw a very well-known local manufacturer test its drivers - a signal gen set to 'sweep', running maybe 500Hz to 5KHz. TWEEEEEEP. That was it. If it sounds, it's ok, put it into the box.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if you find WIIIIDE differences between drivers of the "same" make.

Cheers

hi sir,

these 15''s starvox were nearly 30 years old, IMHO they were made in a time were manufacturer's know what they are doing, today sir, how many local manufacturers publish their drivers T/S parameters? response plot? some of my collegues in the sound system business (mostly audiophiles,older and more experienced than me) say that it is one of the better (not the best) loudspeaker made locally, and I agree.
very narrow winding gap for max efficiency, thick top plate so that the voice coil will be kept cool and can withstand more power, very light cone, flat spider (not the cup type) to minimise voice coil rubbing during high excursion. sure
it doesn't perform as well as the JBL's, ElectroVoice (my favorite), Emminence, Celestion, Wharfedale etc. But I believe it is one of the better made speaker locally, something we Filipinos can be proud of.

good day

ps. maybe we should start another thread sir.:D

hello guys,

amen to that sir,amen. how i wish too... here are some pro audio amps from china. Konzert K2 and the subwoofer pounder (or toaster:D ) the Konzert H3000, can blow your ever famous Crown 1860 dual magnet
(stack magnets) 18in. speakers with ease. Crown 1860 has a 4 in. 4 layer voice coil, wound with a #25 magnet wire!

good day :)

Attachments

• dsc00570.jpg
    dsc00570.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 6,176
hello,

no sir, but i had repair some of them, Konzert k2,k4,k6,k8,and the power plant of them all k10. The k series is a linear dual differential input, 3 deep darlington ckt on the driver and output stage, basically a very low bias class b perhaps. (the heatsink barely gets warm at idle and yet k6 and k10 has a rail voltage of +/- 120V and +/-140V respectively) while the h3000 is a class H design with a rail voltage of +/-70V for the lower supply and +/-140V for the high supply, does not use mosfet to switch rail but instead it uses bipolar tranies, similar to the Crest Audio CA Series (i think), sir i think you are referring to the Kinetic CS 1000? yes sir it has a topology just like the QSC's, I had 4 units a long time ago.

good day :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.