diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   PA Systems (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pa-systems/)
-   -   Konzert Amp & Speakers Website (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pa-systems/74642-konzert-amp-speakers-website.html)

joval 24th February 2006 03:03 AM

Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Good morning to all,
Thanks for such a nice site. I am a new member from Philippines, looking for website of Konzert Amp & Speakers. I have a karaoke machine. PLayer is Karavisiion MD888 / Konzert Sub-Mid-Tweeters / Amp is Konzert AV302. I want to improve the sound. I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks & Loud Power,
Joval

clem_o 24th February 2006 06:59 AM

Hi joval,

The professional amplifiers from Konzert are from China, haven't heard of anyone who has a schematic nor much technical info. No idea if the lower-powered stuff is from there as well, but would guess that it is.

Cheers!

fish4u 3rd March 2006 05:09 PM

hi! been away for a little while..

im also interested with these speakers, at their prices they seems too good to be true. but i've heard many feedback that they're ok.

are you sure these are just from china?
i've heard its some sort of alternate brand for daichi(another local brand here).

thanks!

clem_o 3rd March 2006 10:30 PM

Hi fish4u,

The professional amps are from China. Speaker drivers, I don't know. The only experience I have with their loudspeakers is a pair of 300W 12" dual voice-coil units I bought I looooong time ago. Back then, Konzert wasn't marketing any amplifiers yet, they were concentrated only on loudspeaker drivers. Frankly, the build characteristics for these units are very different from units from Dai-ichi, so I would venture that they are not from Dai-ichi. But now, times have changed and I haven't really had a look at the current offerings, so what you've heard may be true.

Regarding sound - generally, you get what you pay for... :-)

Cheers

kvx 23rd July 2006 07:46 AM

Hi guys,

Any idea how this speakers compare to each other? Had a lot of crown drivers, but i was disappointed when i found out that even 2 of them of the same model sound different, 1 has a lower (much lower) sensitivity. I've even seen models marked as 105 dB/W/m, this is too much to be true! I just wish I'd have an spl meter to verify this.

djQUAN 23rd July 2006 09:17 AM

I'll still go with targa. :P:D

AJT 23rd July 2006 10:11 AM

hey guys,

they could be dai-ichi's for all we know....

almost anything electronics nowadays are made in china....:D :D

clem_o 26th July 2006 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kvx

2 of them of the same model sound different, 1 has a lower (much lower) sensitivity. I've even seen models marked as 105 dB/W/m, this is too much to be true!

It isn't possible to get 105db/W/m on a dynamic speaker - not unless you have it in a horn. Or, they did that spec at one of the driver's resonant frequencies!

I once (well, many years ago) saw a very well-known local manufacturer test its drivers - a signal gen set to 'sweep', running maybe 500Hz to 5KHz. TWEEEEEEP. That was it. If it sounds, it's ok, put it into the box.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if you find WIIIIDE differences between drivers of the "same" make.

Cheers

audiomachines 26th July 2006 08:13 AM

hello guys,

that's why i still hold on to my old 15''s starvox, with a properly design crossover (not the one you buy of the shelf from raon) you can really make it sing.

clem_o 27th July 2006 12:49 AM

Starvox? Their tweeters were pretty bad - worse than dai-ichi stuff. But I haven't seen / tested their bass drivers, so it's possible. Or, you got lucky and got a good one!

Cheers!

Clem