Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@dj_jojo_md

Sir, I have just built a WSX box base in your post at diyaudio. i have a problem about distorted flocking sound which is i think it's due to the rectangular hole in the mounting speaker area. the force of the cone is trapped which causes prrrk! prrk! prrk! sound. what is wrong in it? sir jojo please help . .please help from anybody

@dj_jojo_md

Sir, I have just built a WSX box base in your post at diyaudio. i have a problem about distorted flocking sound which is i think it's due to the rectangular hole in the mounting speaker area. the force of the cone is trapped which causes prrrk! prrk! prrk! sound. what is wrong in it? sir jojo please help . .please help from anybody

Attachments

• WSX the making01.jpg
    WSX the making01.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 679
Last edited:
@dj_jojo_md

mga DIY speaker cabinet users/builders post your pic here

1. You need to check if you drivers cone is not touching the module or else you need to place a 1/8" sitting pad to increase the height allowance.

2. make sure that you dont have any air leak...remember that this is a "sealed" horn loaded box...if you lose the vacuum the driver will over excursion to its mechanical limit.

3. make sure that all joints are firmly glued at screw together...if not...when the cab starts to pressurize this could cause unnecessary sound.

4. be sure to screw all complete 8 holes of the driver and properly tighten.

Have a nice day,
jojo

1. You need to check if you drivers cone is not touching the module or else you need to place a 1/8" sitting pad to increase the height allowance.

2. make sure that you dont have any air leak...remember that this is a "sealed" horn loaded box...if you lose the vacuum the driver will over excursion to its mechanical limit.

1. = no it doesn't touch the module, anyway 18mm marine plywood has 5 ply, i remove 2 ply in the rebate of speaker displacement, is this ok or take out 1 more sir?

2. = over excursion to its mechanical limit? this probably my problem. . . i tried to change the driver from TnT to Crown and it was good, suddenly after 2mins of playing the music @ normal volume, a krrrt! krrrt! sounds came out and the sounds got off. i checked out the driver, it's been stack, the cone doesn't play anymore. i cant smell any burnout from it. i'll be checking it 2morow what really is.

(2yr old tnt sounds krrrt!, krrrt! along the way, compare to 11 yrs crown)

Sir, what do you use to sealed the top cover?

thank you very much,

VolMax

1. = no it doesn't touch the module, anyway 18mm marine plywood has 5 ply, i remove 2 ply in the rebate of speaker displacement, is this ok or take out 1 more sir?

2. = over excursion to its mechanical limit? this probably my problem. . . i tried to change the driver from TnT to Crown and it was good, suddenly after 2mins of playing the music @ normal volume, a krrrt! krrrt! sounds came out and the sounds got off. i checked out the driver, it's been stack, the cone doesn't play anymore. i cant smell any burnout from it. i'll be checking it 2morow what really is.

(2yr old tnt sounds krrrt!, krrrt! along the way, compare to 11 yrs crown)

Sir, what do you use to sealed the top cover?

thank you very much,

VolMax

1. rebate is ok...just add 1/8" (lawanit will do) sitting pad/spacer to give more allowance for the driver excursion.

To seal the cover...use a cut-off strip of rubber foam...you can buy this from any Shoemaker Store that sell all kinds of rubber materials...to adhere use a contact cement or double adhesive tape.

Magandang araw,
jojo

@dj_jojo_md

sir what is your way of painting the wsx box? also, do you put epoxy on edges of the plywood before painting? what paint do you use? i'm looking forward to your suggestions. . . thank you...

Sir...If only Duratex paint by Acrytech is available here in the Ph then we will be all happy...but its not around.

So...we have to mix our own paint to get some texture by using what is readily available in the local paint/hardware store.

1 gal of Versatex Low Profile... mix with 1 gal of Black Elastomeric paint...stir them very well and patiently(this is very tiring and boring).

110207-135034.jpg

110207-142234.jpg

Tool needed to be use...
110207-152237.jpg

Texturizing roller brush...
110207-152413.jpg

applying texture paint...
Image0056.jpg

Lay them under the Sun to dehydrate...
Image0062.jpg

For Finishing paint Black elastomeric in case with Emulsion for top coating
110209-093128.jpg

Image0068.jpg

applying emulsion...DO NOT DO THIS UNDER THE SUN.
Image0081.jpg

Finiched WSX...
Image0086.jpg

Have fun and enjoy!
jojo

@djo_jojo_md

thank you sosoverymuch sir. . .your so kind. . . by the way it was the TnT speaker only that made me a problem regarding that prrrt! prrrt! sound. . . i tried 2 of my TnT and i got the same thing. . . so i just replace it with crown 1860. but of course with proper sealing and placing some spacer. . . thanks. . . i'll be posting my finish product soon. . .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.