Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
and the giants PD 1850 (800w) and SD18 (1000)
SD18(gray) PD1850(black)

Attachments

• SD18(gray) PD1850(black).jpg
    SD18(gray) PD1850(black).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 633
one of our DIY midtops. inspired by line array concept. the line array guide published in P Audio website although not about butterfly design, is also helpful.

advantage- has wide coverage & directional, disadvantage-it became totally too bulky and sometimes hard to hit the right balance of the sound between the compression driver and the C12". we hope to have one speaker management audio processor soon. (any recommended brand aside from Driverack PA?)

drivers 1 pc BMD 750, and 2x C12" 300W (but then we run out of budget, so we inserted non P Audio drivers. :D)

Attachments

• IMG_6975.jpg
    IMG_6975.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_6828.JPG
    IMG_6828.JPG
    588.1 KB · Views: 320
@amants

AB-36C...looking for 18" stroker mechanical dimension no luck...i lost my copy.
So there is no way i can tell if the JH's and the PD's will fit in.
if ever they do fit in...they will perform very differently from the original.
it may surpass the original in terms of robustness due to JH186 have approx. 6" VC and PD1850 have approx. 5" VC...if memory serves me right CV stroker have a 3" VC which requires an adequate cooling system...correct me if i am wrong.

One thing i am sure of if ever they fit in...with the JH's and PD's you got more sensitivity, SPL and power compression is so so far away.(Block of 4 boxes)

i used to have CV's a long time ago...Junior earthquake L36JE and the Senior earthquake L48SE...i know how they perform. i still have those original plan.

If ever your going to try and pursue to do the driver mods...good luck.

have fun,
jojo

thank you sir jojo..have a nice day

@zrolsky...if i have the money these are the choices.

Dn9848e from Klark Teknik...no.1 choice
DP428 from XTA...no.2 choice
Driverack from DBX...no.3 choice
DCX2496 from Behringer...this is ok, not so pricey, lots of tools including long delays for delayed speaker reinforcement. I dont know if they are as durable vs. the 3 giants. So far 3 of my house of worship installs got these dcx2496 for delays...3 years only one break down PS failure...maybe because of the genset.

Kudos zrolsky for modest and honest sharing...keep it up.

have a nice day
jojo

Attachments

• dn9848e-front.jpg
    dn9848e-front.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 777
  • DCX2496_big.jpg
    DCX2496_big.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 607
  • xta.jpg
    xta.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 689
Last edited:
@urbanista...

both of them will do...both can handle 2ohms loading...sub woofers are lo freq. radiators thus the lower the freq. the lower the impedance will go. Its good know that crown have a site that post their data...thanks for the link.

But you'll be better-off with the CS1000...got more juice and high damping factor.

thanks for the link again...helps me a lot since i am using a lot of crown products.

have a nice day
jojo

For p-audio...Thailand site

:: Pantown :: everyone's online society

lots of plans for p-audio's Thai DIYer. i envy these people because they do support their "Local Produce", i hope someday we too will be solid to support our own...

have fun
jojo

BTW, do we have what you call "local produce". sorry, honestly i do not know. how about Crown speakers. I often hear its "local" but who really manufactures these speakers, and pls, perhaps the owner is?

void 18 1000 (black) vs PD 1850 (gray). note that the V1000's BL is 34.89 and vs PD1850's 31.57. Void is 1000w and PD is 800W.
but these are only "approximations". we have to take into consideration power compression and excursion (xmax). maybe it is safe to say "the bigger the driver, the better." or the other way around is, tailor the box to fit the driver's parameters.

Attachments

• V18 1000 (black) vs PD 1850 (gray).jpg
    V18 1000 (black) vs PD 1850 (gray).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 595
@zrolsky...if i have the money these are the choices.

Dn9848e from Klark Teknik...no.1 choice
DP428 from XTA...no.2 choice
Driverack from DBX...no.3 choice
DCX2496 from Behringer...this is ok, not so pricey, lots of tools including long delays for delayed speaker reinforcement. I dont know if they are as durable vs. the 3 giants. So far 3 of my house of worship installs got these dcx2496 for delays...3 years only one break down PS failure...maybe because of the genset.

Kudos zrolsky for modest and honest sharing...keep it up.

have a nice day
jojo

thanks a lot. it is a good feeling to receive a compliment from masters like you. i also go for DCX ultradrive. btw, the pict that i have shown about the butterfly mids is the 15" version. we made 2 x 12s and 2 x15s.

SD18(gray) 650EL(black)

thanks for sharing the simulation dude.

Awesome! to me the guys at PD really know what they are doing. Looking at the simulation, the pds 1850 shows a peak on the 100Hz region and a dip on the 60-70hz and a peak again near the 40Hz. I believe this done to let the "punch" get through since 60-70Hz are the "hum and booming" frequencies, that gives the bass a muddied quality. The near 40Hz gives as that "phat" low end. however this is just my two cents:D:D:D and the simulation also shows that the pd has a well damped motor;) cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.