Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@leinad61

WSX is one of the best 1/4 wavelength horn loaded sub-woofer by Martin Audio to be fitted by RCF L300p.

Putting different kinds of driver is like letting a dress fitted for Maria to be wear by different kind of people...obviously they will all look differently and will never be the same as for Maria's look.

WSX is the dress...putting different kind of drivers (the people) they will sound differently and will never be the same as for RCF L300p's response.

as for us we just have to settle with JH189 response and the Pro PA 1860 response...the difference of the two is sensitivity and power compression.

have a nice day
jojo

as for me my p-audio sd 18el works very well with the wsx :cool:

DSC00199.jpg

p-audio sd 18el

@sir jef3

just want to share how we QC a voice coil, a bare voice coil (out of the speaker, without the heatsinking effect of the polepiece and toplate of the speaker) then we supply it with a 24-50Vdc from a variable high current DC supply. If it is able to withstand it for 5 to 15 minutes without bursting into flame or any signs of thermal fatigue then its good enough.

noted pards. keep it up ;)

@sir jef3

just want to share how we QC a voice coil, a bare voice coil (out of the speaker, without the heatsinking effect of the polepiece and toplate of the speaker) then we supply it with a 24-50Vdc from a variable high current DC supply. If it is able to withstand it for 5 to 15 minutes without bursting into flame or any signs of thermal fatigue then its good enough.

an 8ohm nominal rated speaker can have a dc resistance of say 6ohms...@24volts, that's 96 watts, so that if it has a 4inch diameter with a height of 2 inches say, then your voice-coil will be dissipating about 2 watts per square inch.......

@audiomachine, are you at liberty to divulge which company you work for?

i have seen some WSX boxes being fabricated and being fitted w/ the Crown 18"ers, wonder if the PD1850 driver or the Fane colossus 18XB driver will wok on these boxes.. anyone tried modeling it in their respective softwares? Are local 18" drivers suitable to be placed inside a horn-loaded cabinet?

TIA for any comments..

according to hornresp, simulating WSX:
PD1850 is louder than the SD18 at 50 hz and 120 hz (louder at least 2 decibels in 50hz). but the PD1850 at 60 to 90hz, has a sudden "low" response, and the SD18 is louder at these frequencies. the Void18 1000 has very similar spl plot with the PD1850. i am using the restricted throat sim version of the WSX (speakerplans, with centauri etc.). the PD1850 parameters taken from this site http://www.precision-devices.com/asps/uploads/super/15.pdf
the SD18 parameters i took it from the Phil. P Audio distributor.
prices (all discounted) the SD18 is around 15k and the PD1850 (20% less) is 25.4k. please share to us the result if you ever think of buying the PD1850.

@ sir tony,

Sir I just own a repair shop and a p.a system, but i am doing a bit of an R & D so that our local speakers whom many of our kababayan own, So that we can keep up if not at par with the more expensive and imported brands. I had the privilege of repairing some of the more expensive drivers and come in "contact with their technologies" i.e RCF and 18Sound inside/outside voice coil winding, JBL's SFG, VGC, differential drive woofers, EV TIR (thermo inductive ring) PROTEF, RMD (Ring Mode Decoupling), Cerwin Vega's Stroker technology etc.

good day

Last edited:
jef, where did you buy this? and how much? is that available in manila? i am contemplating making a subwoofer....

sir, i bought mine from xstatic. contact numbers are 02-3854822, 09228067041. they are situated in sucat paranaque.

there is also another store in kamias corner anonas quezon city: ml rapacon. contact numbers are 02-9291754 or 09228987031. :)

Php 16000 srp

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00209.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

Last edited:
according to hornresp, simulating WSX:

prices (all discounted) the SD18 is around 15k and the PD1850 (20% less) is 25.4k. please share to us the result if you ever think of buying the PD1850.

sir, i think both of these stores can give a discounted amount of 14400 each for the sd 18el :) try negotiating. :D

1) xstatic. contact numbers are 02-3854822, 09228067041. they are situated in sucat paranaque.

2) ml rapacon. kamias corner anonas quezon city. contact numbers are 02-9291754 or 09228987031.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.