Konzert Amp & Speakers Website

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
gud day gentlemen. i would like to share with you the Titan 48 i just build, using 1/2 plywood and a 15" live subwoofer per box. build 4, powered by a bridged 2-1,400watt amp @, calibrated at 100-70hz. you can check billfritzmaurice.com for the plan. great sound

Sir Good day

Can you share me complete plan of the box? I am interested to build and test how this will perform with my mobile sound.

@zrols

the crown pro1815, 10500 pesos while the jh181 5500 pesos these speakers are aluminum basket.

you may want to try the P-Audio IMF HP18s. it's around 6500 only and with TS parameters so that you can have a better calculation of your subwoofer projects :) so far this speaker works well on dual 18 cabs :cheers:

P_Audio_IMF_HP18s.jpg

classic EV MTL2 dual 18 subs
MTL2.jpg

Last edited:
3 years ago we have a line array project...everything was home made "DIY".

here are some pics when we used it in MOA...4 per side delay fills.

its quite impressive...the more array you have say a min. of six boxes...the more directional you will achieve...very good.

problems: down fills needed...center fills needed...side fills needed.

have a nice day
jojo

Attachments

• IMG0057A.jpg
    IMG0057A.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 616
  • IMG0056A.jpg
    IMG0056A.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 616
  • MyPhoto-081018-04.JPG
    MyPhoto-081018-04.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 618
  • LineArrayProject.jpg
    LineArrayProject.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 604
  • IM000705.JPG
    IM000705.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 567
3 years ago we have a line array project...everything was home made "DIY".

here are some pics when we used it in MOA...4 per side delay fills.

its quite impressive...the more array you have say a min. of six boxes...the more directional you will achieve...very good.

problems: down fills needed...center fills needed...side fills needed.

have a nice day
jojo

nice pics sir :). what components are you using for your diy line array?

@jef3...all drivers are local...12" JH126...1" x 2 Hi driver Crown 500...passive crossover at 900hz 12db...3rd order Butterworth...there are Series Notch Filter,
Parallel Notch Filter, Driver Attenuation Circuit, Impedance Equalization.

it became complicated when we wanted to have a flat response...and the rigging labor is hard, because you have to respect the safety of the crowd and the riggers...anyways it was a good experience and we learned by means of real world application and not just by reading materials.

hope to see your line array project...post some pics.

have a nice day.
jojo

Attachments

• IMG0140A.jpg
    IMG0140A.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 294
  • passiveX.jpg
    passiveX.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 311
just arrived yesterday...the driver with the intact cone has a burnt voicecoil (where the DVM is sitting on), the other one with a shattered cone has a good voicecoil "both" had been pulled out from a bass horn:confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

• Image(049).jpg
    Image(049).jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Image(043).jpg
    Image(043).jpg
    166 KB · Views: 199
  • Image(050).jpg
    Image(050).jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 206
@sir jojo,

sir i would like to ask what kind of metal braces have you used for those line array, is it aluminum alloy or steel? and where can i get those kind of materials, i have projects that needs those kinds of metals i hope they have other form of it or tubes...thanks

Jay

@wakanga...aluminum bar .5" x 2"...inserts .75" bronze round bar...inside the box are BI iron flat bar 1.5" x .25" with weld insert nuts...we machine fabricate everything...the assembly could have been simpler if we have the button head positive lock pins...anyway it was fun and learned some.

if you want the flying harness plan i can give it to you...and improve it...try to look for positive lock pins " its a must use".

have a nice day
jojo

Attachments

• quick-release-pin-299229.jpg
    quick-release-pin-299229.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 207
@jef3...all drivers are local...12" JH126...1" x 2 Hi driver Crown 500...passive crossover at 900hz 12db...3rd order Butterworth...there are Series Notch Filter,
Parallel Notch Filter, Driver Attenuation Circuit, Impedance Equalization.

it became complicated when we wanted to have a flat response...and the rigging labor is hard, because you have to respect the safety of the crowd and the riggers...anyways it was a good experience and we learned by means of real world application and not just by reading materials.

hope to see your line array project...post some pics.

have a nice day.
jojo

thank you for the info pards. your line array reminds me of the outline butterfly line array. ;)

just my two cents to improve the frequency response and over-all sound output.

firstly, have you tried an active set-up i.e. putting it on bi-amp? for me, using a passive network will save you on amplifiers but over-all calibration may be a compromise. the dbx driverack pa plus is an almost complete tool for this. a crossover cut-off of 1.6 kHz may do well.

second, have you tried upgrading your speaker components? most groups i know have changed to p-audio as direct replacement on their china-made line arrays. the most popular yet tested 1" hf driver are the bm d440 and bm d440s. these can also be used as direct replacements on most 2way powered and non-powered system with faulty hf drivers.

BM-D440.jpg

P-Audio BM D440 (bolt type) 1" HF driver 50w rms titanium diaphragm & aluminum voice coil with ferrofluid p2600

:)

@jef3...yes Sir, first modeled from a DRPA...everything is good using all the available tools from this loudspeaker management...but we challenge our self to do it passive...making it more interesting to learn the DIY way.

anyways it was fun and lessons were learned...LET THE BIG BOYS HANDLE THE BIG EVENTS...they have the inventory.

P-audio are good drivers we have them fitted for some our clients...we dont have to spend much on a project that will not materialize, we know that honestly speaking, we just want to experience what are the benefits we could get from a line array system.

as for now we are happy with our horn loaded array boxes...for a very small sound company like us we are contented on what we can cater...for now

have a nice day
jojo

Fane & Precision Devices now available in the Philippines

Mga sirs,

I would like to introduce ourselvs as Basshead Marketing, we are the official distributor for Fane & Precision Devices raw components. We have currently on stock the highly popular Fane Colossus 18XB 18" subwoofer also the Colossus 15XB among others, and also the much praised PD1850 18" horn subwoofer from Precision Devices. You can give us a call or visit us to see the various raw drivers on stock.

here is my contact number : 0917-5304157 / 215-0344 or 716-5355/716-5357.

we are located in sta mesa area near SM centerpoint.

@jef3...yes Sir, first modeled from a DRPA...everything is good using all the available tools from this loudspeaker management...but we challenge our self to do it passive...making it more interesting to learn the DIY way.

anyways it was fun and lessons were learned...LET THE BIG BOYS HANDLE THE BIG EVENTS...they have the inventory.

P-audio are good drivers we have them fitted for some our clients...we dont have to spend much on a project that will not materialize, we know that honestly speaking, we just want to experience what are the benefits we could get from a line array system.

as for now we are happy with our horn loaded array boxes...for a very small sound company like us we are contented on what we can cater...for now

have a nice day
jojo

thanks sir and please continue to post more of your line array diy projects in the future ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.